SERVINGS: 2 portions
Ingredients for Lavas Cone
2 ½ cups bakery f lour
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
2/3 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup oil
Ingredients for Goat Cheese Mousse
100 gm chevre’ cheese or goat cheese
100 ml double cream
1 no Gelatin leaf or 2 tsp of melted gelatin
Ingredients for Onion Marmalade
100 gm white onion
25gm Unsalted butter
½ Bay leaf
1 tsp Castor sugar
Ingredients for Raspberry Coulis
100 gm frozen rasp berry.
15 ml red wine.
20 gm sugar.
1 tsp Roasted cumin.
1 pinch rock salt.
1. Heat oven to 400°F. To make cone, stir together flour, salt and granulated sugar. Add milk, egg and melted butter. Mix well to make stiff dough. Knead about 5 minutes or until smooth.
2. Divide into 10 balls; roll each until long thread. Roll over aluminum cone mould .Brush with 1/3 cup oil; sprinkle with sesame seed and pepper.
3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until browned.
4 .For mousses in large bowl, beat goat cream cheese & cream with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy. Add gelatin and refrigerate.
5. In a pan sauté onion in butter at low flame with star anis & bay leaf. When the onion became gooey add sugar and finish it.
6. Cook the raspberry with red wine, sugar until it becomes pulpy and jelly consistency .Finish with cumin and rock salt.
7. Fill the cone with goat cheese mousse, rocket lettuce, onion marmalade and raspberry coulis.
Executive Chef – Sammya Majumder of The Peerless Inn.