January 13, 2016
Lumphini Park comes into the spotlight with the Thailand Tourism Festival
The 36th Thailand Tourism Festival was planned by the Tourism Authority of Thailand at the Lumphini Park in Bangkok and I was lucky enough to be a part of this great celebration. This gala event took place on and from 13th to 17th January. This great event was a huge success, according to the Tourism Authority of Thailand as it generated 309,791,423 Baht for the Thai ceremony and near about 671,411 visitors were there. The festival was the perfect mixture of the Thai culture and the ways and customs of Thai life.
The event was presided over by Thailand’s Deputy Prime Minister His Excellency Air Chief Marshal Prajin Juntong, Minister of Tourism and Sports Her Excellency Mrs. Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul, Chairman of the Board of TAT Mr. Kalin Sarasin, TAT Governor Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, and the executives of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA).
Under the ‘Discover Thainess Enjoy Amusement of Siam’ theme, the Thailand Tourism Festival – TTF 2016 inauguration ceremony began with spectacular cultural processions from five major regions of Thailand, followed by a special performance highlighting Thainess and the joy of the Thai way of life.
Deputy Prime Minister Air Chief Marshal Prajin, along with Minister of Tourism and Sports Mrs. Kobkarn, Chairman of the Board of TAT Mr. Kalin Sarasin, TAT Governor Mr. Yuthasak, and BMA executives jointly sounded the drum marking the event’s official opening, sending the joy of Thainess through Thailand and the world.
Events of the five day long festival
The five-day occasion held every day amid 12.00 – 22.00 Hrs. saw a countless number of visitors through the entire way with the most well known going by time being between 17.00 – 19.00 Hrs. The most went by range was the social town zone, which highlighted tourism items from the five areas of Thailand, including unmistakable points of interest, one of a kind societies and neighborhood lifestyles, and mouthwatering foods and craft items. Entertainment arranged on the main stage attracted me the most. In view of the hobbies of Thailand Tourism Festival – TTF 2016’s members, and in addition surveys, destinations with high potential to pull in more residential visitors this year have included Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Rai, Krabi, Kanchanaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Loei, Chon Buri, Surat Thani and Phuket.
Different zones of the fair
The entire idea of the festival blew away my mind. The entire festival showcased almost the whole of Thailand, including its culture and Thai life. The iconic park was transformed into a mini-Thailand filled with beautiful replicas of outstanding landmarks, cultural heritages, and the best products from the five major regions – North, South, East, Central, and Northeast – across the country. Different zones were there which highlighted different regions.
Zone 1 highlighted the “12 Hidden Gems Plus” sightseeing crusade that plans to motivate explorers to stop at 24 destinations which are not so famous yet one of its kind. This zone, offered the guests to experience the nostalgic motion pictures in an old-fashioned theater.
The 2nd zone highlighted social towns from five noteworthy areas of Thailand, together with unmistakable milestones, societies and lifestyles, and indigenous nourishment and create.
• The Northern unit highlighted the hand-stitched fabrics by the Northern people, for example, Yok Dok from Lamphun, Tin Chok as of Sukhothai, Mo Hom from Phrae, the honor winning Nano fabric made of sheepskin from Mae Hong Son, alongside a Northern market of the Thai fashion and Sin fabric of Chiang Mai one of a kind Lanna social exhibitions.
• The Northeastern unit mainly highlighted authentic religious, historic points, for example, 5.3 mts imitation of Phrathat Phanom Chedi, as well as exhibit of paddies, rice and sacrosanct rice customs and additionally other Buddhist ceremonies. Here the guests got an opportunity to unite with the sacrosanct customs and other sensational exercises, look for the area’s well known fabrics, for example, Pha Phraewa from Kalasin and Pha Kap Bua from the Ubon Ratchathani, at the same time appreciated the locale’s celebrated cuisines.
• The Central city showcased conventional Thai houses, customary societies and exhibitions, for example, the Luk Thung Thai society music, Khon veiled move, Likay Thai musical drama exhibitions, and showings of critical functions and workmanship items interesting to the locale.
• The Southern district highlighted a few vital religious destinations, for example, Phra Borom That Chaiya of Surat Thani, the famous Chao Mae Lim Ko Niao Shrine at Pattani and three distinct methods of celebrated nearby souks. There is additionally one of a kind social exhibitions and showings of craftsmanship items and renowned cooking of that zone.
• The Eastern zone showcased all the extraordinary tourism attractions, for example, Mimoza known as the City of Love, the Alcazar supper club shows from Pattaya, alongside people and creates, new foods grown from the ground stuffs of which the locale is most renowned.
Zone 3 was devoted mainly to 50 renowned groups of Bangkok, highlighting delightful dishes, sweets, and also snacks, giving chances to visitors and explorers to judge and savor diverse luxuries from these regions all through Bangkok city.
In Zone 4 there was the primary stage for excitement exercises with VIPs and celebrated on-screen characters/performing artists welcomed to cheer up everyone the occasion each day.
Plans this year
Taking after the achievement of the Thailand Tourism Festival 2015, this year the Thailand Tourism Festival had different plans.It was no doubt a treat for the eye to see that this year they not just highlighted the vernacular display of brilliant celebrations and dynamic nearby fairs from the five noteworthy districts – North, East, South, Northeast and Central, that sightseers can appreciate lasting through the year, but also underlined the excellent Thai lifestyle world famous hospitality of the Thai people.
We had a petite discussion with the Minister of Tourism and Sports of Thailand, Her Excellency Kobkarn Wattanavrangkul to ask why the festival is so important for the Thai tourism industry and to see what she hopes to achieve at this year’s event. Ms Wattanavrangkul explained us that previous year, Thailand had received more than 1 million tourists from India. India is ranked 6 with the number of visitors travelling to Thailand. This is a great sign in which she expect that tourist arrivals from the India will continue to be positive throughout of the year. Her Excellency Wattanavrangkul added “In 2016, We are introducing 12 new emerging destinations that tourists must not miss, and special festivals and activities throughout the year for all to discover “Thainess” around the country.”
The quantity of guests to the TTF 2016 rose by 9.5 for every penny when contrasted with the 2015 occasion. Amid the TTF, guests spent the most on nourishment and refreshment, representing 186,908,289 Baht, trailed by spending on handiworks and neighborhood items, adding up to 79,758,940 Baht. The travel use was recorded at 43,124,195 Baht.
From the organizers desk
Dr. Yuthasak Supasorn, Governor of TAT said, “The income created amid the Thailand Tourism Festival 2016 speaks to a 35.2 for every penny increment over the 2015 occasion, and surpasses TAT’s unique desire of a 25 for each penny development. This flags an awesome course for Thailand’s tourism industry this travel reasonable assumes a vital part in bringing more mindfulness up in household tourism. We trust that it will fortify more local travel and scatter more prominent tourism income to all parts of Thai society in 2016.”
Dr. Yuthasak further said, “TAT assumes that all of the highlights at the TTF 2016 will frame part of the motivation for Thai vacationers and in addition remote inhabitants and voyagers to need to set out on an excursion to investigate each district of Thailand, and unavoidably scatter more pay to nearby groups across the country. We likewise would like to connect with neighborhood groups to participate in the protection and conservation of our common habitat and national legacy.”
Plans for the coming years
Dr. Yuthasak concluded by declaring the plans of TAT for the coming years. According to him, TAT is making arrangements to lift the Thailand Tourism Festival to a global level and to build up a further comprehension of ecological care among Thai travelers. We will battle for no littering, no drinking liquor and no smoking at visitor locales, and urge Thais to be great has and go along with us in the improvement of our nation’s tourism to supportability, so Thailand holds our position as the main destination in ASEAN.